Oh Canada! Fifteen Hoosier Journey Fellows now have Canadian friends and memories that will last a lifetime. We want to share some of the highlights of the experience with you.
- Attending the Tenth Triennial International Child and Youth Care Conference: Inspiring Resilience - Building Capacity Through Self-Care, Personal Growth and Lifelong Learning (Including the Journey crew presenting a Journey Renewal workshop that had about 75 folks participate).
- Meeting Youth Workers from Canada, the United States, Australia and other countries around the world.
- Hearing Dr. Bruce Perry, founder of The Child Trauma Academy, speak on brain trauma in abused and neglected Children.
- Hiking in the beauty of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- Visiting the magnificent Columbia Icefield, breathtakingly beautiful Lake Louise and majestic Banff National Park.
- Riding the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain for a sunset dinner together with Journey Fellows.
- Immersing ourselves in Canadian culture by living with families in Calgary.
- Shadowing youth workers at a variety of organizations in Calgary and learning about the programs and the youth workers' work lives.
- Planning a return trip with our Canadian friends for 2013.
Please, share in the memories of the trip with this short video!
In 2013 you will have a chance to meet these Canadian Youth Worker as they come to Indiana for a visit. And we hope you will consider going on the 2014 International Youth Worker Exchange to New Zealand and Australia!
Yep, you heard if right - New Zealand and Australia, so start saving those pennies.
The Traveling Fellows!